The 2014 Boston Avon Walk is long over. The 2014 Boston Komen Walk never happened, with Susan G. terminating her Boston 3-day the year before. All of which may leave dedicated breast cancer fighters feeling a void.
If this describes you, consider joining a couple of upcoming events:
- the Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk on Sept. 21
- the Komen Race for the Cure on Sept. 28
The Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk raises the most money of any single-day walk in the nation and has raised nearly $95 million for the fight against cancer since 1989. When you participate in the Walk, you fundraise for Dana-Farber Cancer Instituteâ€™s lifesaving mission to conquer all forms of cancer in children and adults.
- The money you raise makes a difference in the fight to find cures.
- Learn more about Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
- Register today to walk one of four routes along the historic Boston Marathon course on Sunday, September 21.
- Join walkers, sponsors, and volunteers in the Jimmy Fund’s largest one-day fundraising event and support Dana-Farber’s compassionate patient care and groundbreaking research.
- Watch a video about the event.
- Get more information here.
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure series is the world’s largest and most successful education and fundraising event for breast cancer ever created. Thanks to events like the Race for the Cure, the Komen Foundation has invested over $2 billion to fulfill its promise, playing a critical role in virtually every major advance in breast cancer. But, there is still work to be done, and this race helps maintain critical momentum.
- Race information.
- Race FAQs.
- Register for the Komen Race for the Cure.
- Even better, join the Men With Heart team that will be walking the event! Click here to register, then select join a team and indicate Men With Heart.
We hope to see you on these walks!